Ghanada Club Agenda
(Updated on April 25, 2021)
Ghanada Club reopened on September 15, 2019 after 35 years. Our goal is to bring Ghanada to the Ghanada lovers and others all over the world through different channels. Ghanada is not going to remain hidden in the pages of 68 stories and one large fiction written by one of most prominent Bengali writers, Premendra Mitra during 1945 and 1987.
Below are a few projects we are working on
- We created this website and still working on it. We also launched a facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/GhanadaClub
- We converted all 68 stories to Audio Stories in Bengali. We also created about 10 Audio stories in English. They are available on YouTube. These videos have been watched more than 2,21,700 times. Total number of hours watched is more than 61,700. Now we have 2,400 subscribers. https://www.youtube.com/GhanadaStories
- We converted 6 Ghanada Comics (Graphics Novels) to Audio/Visual format for YouTube. We still need to do 5 more. https://bit.ly/ghanada-av-comics
- We have been talking to Penguin India to publish part 1 of Ghanada Omnibus with 15 stories translated by us. We already got the initial approval. Hope to finalize by the second quarter of 2021. Down the road we have plans to translate the rest of the stories (64 or so short stories) in three or four different volumes. https://www.ghanada.com/translations/
- Among many other works like website, facebook page, wiki page, we are working on to create a complete travelogue of Ghanada: https://www.ghanada.com/travelogue/
- We Annotated 20 or so stories and more in progress: https://www.ghanada.com/annotations/
- We also wrote synopses of of about 30 stories both in Bengali and English, You will find them here: https://www.ghanada.com/synopsis/
- We contributed to the Ghanada Wiki page with lot of information related to Ghanda and our Ghanada club: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghanada
- Finally, we would like to open a Ghanada library and a museum somewhere in central Kolkata, India where Ghanada lovers can come and enjoy some memories of Ghanada.
Maybe one day, to our surprise, Ghanada will return to his old messbari.