Ghanada Club Agenda
(Updated on November 15, 2020)
Ghanada Club reopened on September 15, 2019 after 35 years. Our goal is to bring Ghanada to the Ghanada lovers and others all over the world through different channels. Ghanada is not going to remain hidden in the pages of 68 stories and one large fiction written by one of most prominent Bengali writers, Premendra Mitra during 1945 and 1987.
Below are a few projects we are working on
- We created this website and still working on it. We also launched a facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/GhanadaClub
- We converted all 68 stories to Audio Stories in Bengali and they are available on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/GhanadaStories
- We converted 6 Ghanada Comics (Graphics Novels) to Audio/Visual format for YouTube. We still need to do 5 more. https://bit.ly/ghanada-av-comics
- As of Nov 15, 2020, we have been talking to Penguin India to publish part 1 of Ghanada Omnibus with 15 stories. We already got the initial approval. Hope to finalize by the first quarter of 2021. Down the road we will translation rest of the stories (about 50 short and long) in two or three different volumes. https://www.ghanada.com/translations/
- Among many other works like website, facebook page, wiki page, we are working on to create a complete travelogue of Ghanada: https://www.ghanada.com/travelogue/
- We Annotated 20 or so stories and more in progress: https://www.ghanada.com/annotations/
- We are collecting new Ghanada stories written by different authors. Here are a few. https://www.ghanada.com/new-stories/
- Finally, open a Ghanada library and a museum somewhere in central Kolkata, India where Ghanada lovers can come and enjoy some memories of Ghanada.
Maybe one day, to our surprise, Ghanada will return to his old messbari.